Magic is wondrous and beautiful, to most. For you, it is like a sickness, twisting your body from within. Arcane forces warp your flesh and bone, and mystical energy courses within the monstrous form left behind.
Check out below for the updated Arcane Monstrosity Sorcerer!
You can also find the PDF version here!
While it is monstrous, the changes wrought on your body by these strange magical forces do have their perks. Your body itself is akin to a magical weapon, and many arcane tasks are second nature to you now. It’s still horrific though, no matter the benefits. Horrific, and irreversible.
- A natural Monstrous Weapon that mimics a cantrip, giving you claws imbued with chill touch fueled rot, or a bile spit of concentrated acid spray.
- Your Harsh Genesis allows you to take more punishment than others. After all, it can’t be as bad as what you’ve already suffered.
- Instinctive Arcana allows you to sense magical items and fields like the detect magic and identify spells, no components required… besides your own magic-scarred flesh.
- Between Combat Monstrosity and Sorcerous Mutation you’re an absolute terror on the field of battle, like a rabid beast infused with devastating magic.
- All that pales in comparison to your Horrific Transformation, unleashing the true terror of your suffering in a flurry of feral strikes infused with arcane might.
- Welcome back! Coming soon are a lot of great updates to old favorites, and even some new content too! The Arcane Monstrosity is the first update featured, since it had a good reception originally.
- Luckily there weren’t really any issues with this one. Besides a few wording corrections (such as specifying that the Monstrous Weapon feature functions off of Charisma), most of the rest was well-received!
- If anything, my one remaining concern for this homebrew is making sure that it makes sense. The flavor behind it is a bit strange, and it relies heavily on the player and DM defining how the character’s Monstrous Weapon actually functions, physically. I tried to present some suggestions, but didn’t have room to include all the ones I would have liked to.
- For those who are curious, other ideas included flaming spit for fire bolt, icicle nails for ray of frost or frostbite, or fists constantly crawling with maggots for infestation.
- My other concern is making sure that the Monstrous Weapon is easy to use. I’m happy with the wording I’ve ended up with here, but there’s always room for improvement. I want to make sure DMs and players alike don’t end up misunderstanding the mechanics of the feature.
- In any case, thanks for checking out the homebrew! Feel free to leave a comment with any suggestions or questions. Also, just as a note, this may eventually be added to a DM’s Guild document. It’s not a for sure, but if its even a slight possibility I’d rather mention it than not.