Bards are well-known as masters of singing and music, and frequently claim expertise (heh) in all forms of musical composition. Some, however, find a certain divinity to song, and communicate primarily in terms of their faith.
So, read on to find out more about the Chorister Bard!College of Hymns Bard
The College of Hymns teaches bards to express their faith through song, allowing them to bolster their allies in battle and inspire great deeds of heroics. Choristers are bringers of hope in dark places, and eagerly take up support roles within adventuring parties, fighting for the greater good.
- Guide your allies with your expertise in Religion! (And the guidance cantrip too!)
- Healing, healing, and even more healing! Who said only clerics could be the party healers?
- Inspire your allies to give them bonus temporary hit points, or allow them to regain hit points in battle!
- I’m actually pretty happy with this. Bard colleges don’t get too many features, so it isn’t a lot to balance around each other. In whole, I’m quite happy with the tone of the subclass.
- That being said, my main design goal is to make sure this is balanced with other “designated healer” characters. I don’t want the Chorister to be as good as the Life Cleric, but at the same time I do want them to be equal with or better than other, non-support/healing clerics. It’s a careful balance, so that’s something I have to keep an eye on.
In any case, let me know how it works!